Letter: Andrea Weiskopf, Ashburn
Editor: I lowered my hat and my eyes as I passed the state trooper. I didn’t have the time or the bail money to be arrested. Such is life on Virginia’s Most Wanted list.
Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s first executive order—released only hours after his inauguration on Jan. 15—forbade the teaching of divisive subjects. On Jan. 21, a news release announced the email tip line for parents to report violations of their children’s fundamental rights due to inherently divisive practices in schools. On Jan. 24, he assured listeners of his radio interview that such violations would be cataloged and rooted out. Then, two days later, I became an outlaw.
On Wednesday, Jan. 26, Mr. Jeff Manning, a man who, as far as I can determine, does not live in Loudoun County, emailed my school address, “I hope you find yourself on Jason Miyares’s radar. I will do everything within my power to bring your divisiveness to our elected official’s attention. You gave (sic) no business teaching children.”
Mr. Manning cc’ed me on his tip line email, “Good evening Mr. Youngkin, Thank you for setting up this tip line. Please review this teacher from Loudoun County. Her name is Andrea Weiskopf. She is a terribly divisive and racist woman that spews hatred to her students and society in general. … She should not be teaching children anyway! Jeff Manning”.
Curious to learn the extent of my violations, I submitted a FOIA request to Mr. Manning’s friend, Mr. Youngkin. After five working days, Mr. Youngkin’s office invoked, without explanation, a seven-day extension before informing me that the snitch line emails are exempt “as working papers and correspondence of the Office of the Governor. The documents in question are on a sizeable gmail account which changes daily.”
My request denied, I am left to ponder my offenses.
The lives of my Black students matter.
White supremacy and systemic racism exist.
White supremacy and systemic racism must be destroyed.
Transgender children must be protected.
LGBTQ families and single-parent families are families.
Every child should see themselves reflected in literature.
I want every student in Loudoun to be affirmed and to know that they belong.
I am Virginia’s most wanted.
Andrea Weiskopf, Ashburn
- Don’t flatter yourself, Andrea, that the police are looking for you, a rather large lady in a BLM tee shirt. Your drama is beyond belief. If you are on the so-called “wanted list” of teachers who preach divisive identity politics, (which have no place in schools), it is your own fault. Your rhetoric comes with divisive unspoken corollaries. Yes, Black lives matter but so do all lives. Trans/LGBT etc. families are families, but don’t push that agenda on teens who don’t like their bodies at age 13, which is almost all of them. All whites aren’t supremacists. You, yourself, are white. All children need to be protected, including your white students. Yes, children need to see themselves in literature, just not in “Shades of Grey” porn for kids. There are plenty of good, age-appropriate multicultural books out there that don’t explain sexual acts in graphic detail. No, Andrea, you are dangerous, but not dangerous enough for the police to arrest. Don’t flatter yourself!
- This woman has no business teaching children any subject.Good grief, this is full-blown insanity on display.Loading…Log in to Reply
- RJones2022-05-31 at 3:17 pmPermalinkYou should be on a wanted list. You’re expousing opinions, not teaching. All you’re doing is rearranging the non factual, sensationalized, newscasting from the media and calling it education.Loading…Log in to Reply
- timsmith2022-05-31 at 3:27 pmPermalinkThree cheers for Andrea Weiskopf. She’s a true patriot who believes in fair play for all segments of society. Youngkin’s snitch line is reprehensible. It’s extremely vulnerable to abuse as experienced by Ms. Weiskopf. All is can say is, Thank goodness Youngkin can’t serve a consecutive term. Welcome to the Summer Season Loudoun!https://widgets.wp.com/likes/#blog_id=166399240&comment_id=25571&origin=loudounnow.com&obj_id=166399240-25571-6297b75cb587bLog in to Reply
- Chris Manthos2022-05-31 at 5:36 pmPermalinkWelcome to Virginia’s FOIA/NotFOIA process Andrea. All governmental entities use it against the people with equal enthusiasm. But there is good news! The writer is not on the Commonwealth’s most wanted list. Nor on the FBI’s, or even INTERPOL’S list. Bummer of all bummers, she doesn’t even make Fauquier county’s most wanted list. I checked. Instead of calling everyone you see a racist, maybe work on limiting the hyperbole, narcissism, and self-victimization.https://widgets.wp.com/likes/#blog_id=166399240&comment_id=25578&origin=loudounnow.com&obj_id=166399240-25578-6297b75cb5ce3Log in to Reply
- paulmase2022-05-31 at 8:22 pmPermalinkSchool is for teaching children approved curriculum, not your own social justice crusade. Feel free to indoctrinate your own children. Stay away from mine.https://widgets.wp.com/likes/#blog_id=166399240&comment_id=25583&origin=loudounnow.com&obj_id=166399240-25583-6297b75cb6180Log in to Reply
- Turtle2022-05-31 at 8:28 pmPermalinkI wonder if she is of the belief that all white people are inherently racist. Does she believe that people of color can not be racist simply because of the color of their skin?My guess is that her answer would be yes to both issues.https://widgets.wp.com/likes/#blog_id=166399240&comment_id=25584&origin=loudounnow.com&obj_id=166399240-25584-6297b75cb658aLog in to Reply
- Master Bedroom2022-05-31 at 8:50 pmPermalinkWhat planet is Timmy from.This woman should NOT be in the classroom. Kooky on full display and we are told to accept this as normal.No way. I would pull my kid out of her class in a heartbeat. Thanks for publishing Andrea!!!https://widgets.wp.com/likes/#blog_id=166399240&comment_id=25586&origin=loudounnow.com&obj_id=166399240-25586-6297b75cb699bLog in to Reply
- John M2022-05-31 at 10:29 pmPermalinkThis “teacher” is absolutely bonkers and everyone in her school knows it. She should be the poster person for everyone that has no business teaching children anything and she should never be allowed on school grounds.
Her reputation in her school is abysmal and even her fellow teachers try to disassociate themselves from her. My son went to her school and when I asked another teacher about the things I’d been hearing about her, that teacher winked and said “You don’t know the half of it”.
Please, LCPS, remove this person from any position that has her interfacing with children.https://widgets.wp.com/likes/#blog_id=166399240&comment_id=25587&origin=loudounnow.com&obj_id=166399240-25587-6297b75cb6fdcLog in to Reply
- Kronos2022-06-01 at 10:39 amPermalinkIf the lives of your students matter so much, why are you not teaching them the tools and information they need to succeed in life? You are an English teacher. You want to teach how some children are oppressors or oppressed based on the color of their skin and that some of them cannot make it in life without help from the government. You should be teaching English… grammar and literature. I’m surprised you’re not ashamed of the stuff people post in internet forums when they write things like “would of” instead of the correct form “would’ve.”Your priorities are out of order. You are lowering the bar for success. That’s not what a teacher does.