LCPS has numerous documents, drafts, etc. all centered around their “Comprehensive Equity Plan” aka CRT. It can feel overwhelming when one sees just how much information there is. Is it all the same? Is it all different? Should I be concerned with all of it, some of it or none of it? All legitimate questions. Below are (8) reasons CRT needs to be eradicated, there’s definitely more reasons but trying to keep things concise as they will be repeated in different areas of this website:
- Critical Race Theory believes racism is present in every aspect of life, every relationship, and every interaction.
- “Interest convergence”: White people only give black people opportunities and freedoms when it is also in their own interests.
- Critical Race Theory is against free societies.
- Critical Race Theory only treats race issues as “socially constructed groups,” so there are no individuals in Critical Race Theory.
- Critical Race Theory believes science, reason, and evidence are a “white” way of knowing and that storytelling and lived experience is a “black” alternative.
- Critical Race Theory rejects all potential alternatives, like colorblindness, as forms of racism.
- Critical Race Theory acts like anyone who disagrees with it must do so for racist and white supremacist reasons, even if those people are black.
- Critical Race Theory cannot be satisfied.