Attention LCPS community members: As of 1/24/22 Executive Order #2 takes effect.
“The Commonwealth recognizes in § 1-240.1 of the Code of Virginia, that “a parent has a fundamental right to make decisions concerning the upbringing, education, and care of the parent’s child.” Permitting parents to make decisions on where and when to wear masks permits the Commonwealth’s parents to make the best decision for the circumstances confronting each child. Parents can assess the risks and benefits facing their child, consult their medical providers, and make the best decision for their children based on the most up to date health information available.”
1. The State Health Commissioner shall terminate Order of Public Health Emergency Order Ten (2021).
2. The parents of any child enrolled in an elementary or secondary school or a school based early childcare and educational program may elect for their children not to be subject to any mask mandate in effect at the child’s school or educational program.
3. No parent electing that a mask mandate should not apply to his or her child shall be required to provide a reason or make any certification concerning their child’s health or education.
4. A child whose parent has elected that he or she is not subject to a mask mandate should not be required to wear a mask under any policy implemented by a teacher, school, school district, the Department of Education, or any other state authority.
5. The Superintendent of Public Instruction shall rescind the Interim Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in Virginia PreK-12 Schools, issued January 14, 2021, and updated October 14, 2021, and issue new guidance for COVID-19 Prevention consistent with this Order.
If you have any additional face underwear laying around your home, please consider donating to the LCPS School Board. Some members may wish to wear them for all eternity. Judging by the current availability, or lack thereof, of COVID tests, Joey and the Orange Woman might not be able to deliver on these “free” KN95 masks they are promising the American public. Brenda is going to need all the help she can get to stock up and protect herself forever. Ziegler double straps so we can surmise he isn’t playing games either. Heck, maybe we should all start a mask registry for them on Amazon!
One thing is for sure. Neither VA nor the LCPS School Board birthed my children. Therefore, that makes ME the parent of my children and not THEM. I and I alone will make the decision on whether or not I choose to mask my children. I encourage every parent to do the same.