It saddens me to announce the first clear case of racial discrimination in Loudoun County Public Schools. It wasn’t perpetuated by a student or teacher as the Equity Collaborative Final Equity Report concluded it would have been. The firing of LCPS Chief of staff Mark Smith by Superintendent Ziegler was without doubt racially motivated (see timeline below).
Where is the NAACP? Oh they are trying to make themselves relevant in a case involving the recall of SB members who aren’t OVER coming to the aid of a black man that was used as a scapegoat and fired. See, Michelle Thomas and the NAACP aren’t really for black people just money, power and attention.
- Superintendent Scott Ziegler was the Title IX Officer beginning on April 21, 2021.
- The two sexual assaults at issue occurred on May 28, 2021 and October 6, 2021.
- June 8th, Ziegler became the new LCPS Superintendent, beating out Asia Jones (black woman).
- November 3, 2021, Ziegler announces internal investigation into Stone Bridge rape
- It wasn’t until November 8, 2021 that LCPS adopted Regulation 8-6 and appointed a new Title IX coordinator (Chief of Staff Mark Smith).
- January 19th, 2022, LCPS Superintendent Ziegler fires Chief of Staff, Mark Smith (a black man)