My goal with this page is not to glorify or provide free “positive” publicity for BLM but for people to read all about them in their own words. It’s important that if you strongly don’t believe in something like BLM that you still need to understand their position and goals. Then and only then can you declare exactly why you do not support such a movement. They provide plenty of material, just make yourself aware and you can then confidently debate anyone on BLM’s stated objectives and goals.
#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.
- We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.
- We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.
- We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.
- We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.
- The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation.
BLM “Founders” Talk to Dead Demons & Discuss Witchcraft
Demonic Spirituality is at the Center of BLM. Listen for Yourself!
BLM (5) Year Plan
Our movement and Black communities are not currently in a position to set agendas to scale, control the institutions that affect our lives, or create mechanisms to mitigate harm. This assessment should not be interpreted as a failure of our social movements, but it does expose a critical gap. We have created a popular strategy to guide us through the next five years; it is rooted in transformative goals that can impact the millions of Black people looking for direction and leadership in this moment. Chiefly, Black governance and ultimately positioning our communities to set agendas sits at the heart of M4BL Project 2024: Black Power Rising.
The Movement for Black Lives is an ecosystem of individuals and organizations creating a shared vision and policy agenda to win rights, recognition, and resources for Black people. In doing so, the movement makes it possible for us, and therefore everyone, to live healthy and fruitful lives.
BLM (5) Pillars
These five organizational pillars, each with their own constituency of Black governance and organizational partners, drive each of our Black Power Rising 2024 goals.