8/24/21: How Students Can Voice Record Their Teacher, Principal, Superintendent, and School Board Members
We have technology so let’s use it! Today, cell phones, whether iPhone or Android come with so many features that many are overlooked. One nifty feature that many are unaware of is the ability to record conversations using a Voice Record app, standard on both iPhone and Androids. Parents, if you’re not familiar, learn it quick because it’s very easy and may be valuable this school year. Instructions for both iPhone and Android Voice Record can be found below with links. Chances are kids know about Voice Record, but check with them to be sure.
We need to fight back using every tool at our disposal. We need to be bold and we need to remember, these are our kids NOT theirs.
How to Voice Record on iPhone and Apple Watch
Voice Memos turns your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch into a portable audio recorder. A new, modern design makes it even easier to capture and share personal notes, family moments, classroom lectures, and more. Editing tools like trim, insert, and replace let you fine-tune your recordings. And with iCloud support, you can capture audio on the go with your iOS device, then use your Mac to do even more with your recordings.
New in iOS 14
• Folders make it easy to organize your recordings.
• Mark recordings as Favorites so you can quickly access them later.
• Enhance Recording reduces background noise and room reverberation with a single tap.
• Record using the built-in microphone, a Bluetooth headset, or a compatible external microphone.
• Choose compressed or uncompressed audio formats.
• Automatically name recordings based on your location.
• iCloud support to keep your recordings and edits in sync across all your devices.
• Pinch-to-zoom for more precision when editing.
• Trim your recordings to save just the portion you want.
• Replace and resume to fine-tune your recordings.
Listen and share
• Quickly find recordings with the search feature.
• Jump 15 seconds forward or back in your recording.
• Share recordings via AirDrop, Mail, Messages, and more.
Voice Memos for Apple Watch
• Capture new recordings right from your wrist.
• New memos automatically sync across your iPhone, iPad, or Mac with iCloud.
• Listen to your most recent recordings through the built-in speaker on Apple Watch or connect a bluetooth device.
• Rename recordings with Dictation or Scribble.
How to Voice Record on Android Phones
1. Open the App Drawer by swiping up from the bottom of your screen.
2. If you don’t immediately see the Voice Recorder app, you may need to open a folder that will likely have the phone’s name as its label (Samsung, e.g.). Do so, then tap the Voice Recorder app.
3. Tap the red circle to start recording and the pause icon that replaces it to pause.
4. Hit the gray square to stop the recording session, name and save the recording, and move to a list of saved recordings, which can also be accessed by tapping the word “LIST” at the top-right corner.
1 thought on “8/24/21: How Students Can Voice Record Their Teacher, Principal, Superintendent, and School Board Members”
Comments are closed.