Andrew Hoyler’s (the rest of the SB & Ziegler) Support for The Mask and VAX Mandate Had Real World Implications For Staff and Students
Andrew Hoyler has done some good things while serving as the LCPS Broad Run SB rep, he has had some good ideas, and he’s attempted to do things that other LCPS SB members never even tried or refused, such as communicating to the community.
As we all know, COVID has negatively impacted our entire country for more than 2 years. Here in Loudoun, parents, students and many LCPS staff recently fought for the lifting of the mask and VAX mandate. Students were suspended for (2) weeks, shamed at their schools, educational impact, teachers suspended, and fired. We ultimately prevailed thanks to the court system. However, Mr. Hoyler joined Ziegler and (7) other LCPS SB members to enforce the mask/VAX mandate on students and staff. This was not a simple mistake, it was a supporting vote that had very real world consequences.
Do You Know (LCPS Parents)……
- Do you know how it feels to be forced to walk out the back door of your high school?
- Do you know how it feels to NOT be allowed equal access to your high school cafeteria then told to cut it short because the masked kids are coming in?
- Do you know what it’s like to NOT be able to use the same restrooms as the masked kids and then only by escort?
- Do you know what it’s like to be told to sit at your desk all day with no stretch break except for water, restroom and brief lunch?
- Do you know what it’s like to try to take a test while your sweating in an 85 degree auditorium one day then take another test in an aux gym where they refused to turn up the heat?
- Do you know what it’s like to be told “no or wait” or “sign up here” just to use the restroom or get water then 20 min later you’re finally allowed to go?
- Do you know what it’s like to be denied access to your student-led pre-bell Bible study group before school?
- Do you know what it’s like to be held in a gym with no door locks in case of an active shooter?
- Do you know what it’s like to see masked kids peeking in the Windows taking pics and vids and mocking the maskless kids in violation of Policy 8250?
- Do you know what it’s like having your kid(s) treated like outcasts, mocked and many suspended because of a mask? Not having kids of your own makes this an impossibility to relate to.
- Do you know what it’s like to be an LCPS teacher that was fired, suspended, threatened, or ostracized by other staff members all because of a mask?
The treatment of MANY of the LCPS kids that were not wearing masks was considerably harsher than many of the raw offenses that have occurred countywide in LCPS this year. If Mr. Hoyler had joined Mr. Beatty and voted against the mask and VAX mandate, all of the above would have still happened. However, voting “Yes” makes Mr. Hoyler complicit.
Just because we are currently living in a mask/VAX optional world doesn’t mean all is better, this was not a trivial issue.