So who is Governor Youngkin’s Educational Secretary? Well, we know she started Data Quality Campaign, a student data mining company. Some might say “so what” who cares. Does it make sense to allocate a unique student identifying number, one that is unique to DQC, specific to a student but no one else including parents. The student data mining possibilities are endless and in some cases nefarious. But this is another post.
Some have said Youngkin is a RINO and some have said he’s a Conservative. I took a neutral position, and was reserving judgement until 1/15/22. However, since Youngkin’s first cabinet pick was Aimee Guidera, for VA’s Secretary of Education, 1/15/22 has moved up to 12/20/21, therefore no need to wait and reserve judgement. Some have said that Youngkin’s choice for Education Secretary set off red flags, from where I sit it’s more like a (3) alarm fire. Let’s take a closer look-see at why this is a (3) alarm fire (no specific order and far from all examples):
- Adopted Gloria Ladson-Billings advocacy for “education debt“
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation donated $25M to DQC
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation funds a slew of progressive education programs, including the “Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction” book, which tells educators that asking students to show their work or find the right answer in math class is racist.
- The Ford Foundation donated to DQC (unknown amount)
- The Fords Foundation funded Black Lives Matter, focused on Social Justice, DEI, and Equity
- Guidera is a Pahara-Aspen Education Fellow
- See below for more details. If you really want to have some fun, check out who Pahara-Aspen Education is affiliated with, Aspen Institute
I’m not an investigative journalist BUT it seems to me that press release put out by the Youngkin Team on 12/20/21 announcing their pick for VA Education Secretary does not in any way, shape or form align with the promises made. Who are his advisors??? In fact, Aimee Guidera’s background is the complete opposite of what Virginia parents expected. Perhaps in NJ, NY or CA but this is not what we voted for. If you were to add up just the few examples above they = “Social Justice Warrior”, and we do not need another social justice warrior running our school systems. Oh, a different media outlet dropping another story tomorrow on Aimee Guidera. I’m sure she’s a lovely lady, but just say “No” to Aimee Guidera as VA’s Education Secretary.
Aimee Rogstad Guidera, Fellow at Pahara-Aspen Institute
We believe that transformational change to the American public school system is not possible without transformational leadership. The Pahara Institute provides transformational development opportunities for high-integrity education leaders. As a result, hundreds of leaders (and one day thousands) will be better positioned, individually and collectively, to reimagine public education so that all children can lead free, meaningful lives.