3/24/21: LCPS Deploys NAACP To Continue Denial of CRT Being Taught. Does It Help?
Feud between Loudoun County parents over teaching about racism in school leads to police investigation
What we know:
- LCPS and the LCPS School Board lie about CRT being taught in LCPS, “LCPS does NOT teach CRT” according to Barts and King. LCPS NEVER distinguishes CRT from what they are teaching, because they can’t, it’s the same thing
- “Interim” Superintendent Zeigler said in an email to ALL parents on 3/19/21 “students do not receive equity training” (4th paragraph from bottom of email)
- LCPS has (350) Equity Soldiers, (120) paid ($2.3M annually) with “Equity” in their title, (217) volunteers/nominees with “Equity” in their title
- LCPS has spent $6M on “Equity”
- LCPS has a “Comprehensive Equity Plan”
- Now the NAACP’s Michelle Thomas says:
- “[PACT and others] are mistakenly promoting “Equity” for CRT.”
- “It’s simply another big lie” – So what’s the truth??
- “We have real lives at stake” – Simply using emotional wording to reinforce a narrative that can’t be explained by anyone
- PACT Question #1: Do you notice a pattern? LCPS and the NAACP reject the notation that CRT is being taught in LCPS but not one time have ever made the clear distinction between CRT and what they claim is being taught. They can’t because it’s the SAME THING
- PACT Question #2: Why doesn’t Zeigler, or Sheridan do an interview with the media to clear all of this up instead of having the NAACP make a statement to the media? Personally, I think LCPS used Michelle Thomas as a prop to do their dirty work because they are too scared to come out themselves and that is not very fair to Michelle Thomas
- PACT Question #3: Is there anyone in Loudoun County or the nation that has a clear picture of what LCPS is teaching? Notice they never provide evidence or facts, just platitudes?
- PACT Question #4: Michelle Thomas said LCPS is teaching “Equity”, (350) Equity Soldiers, $6M on Equity, and a “Comprehensive Equity Plan”, so how can Zeigler make the statement that “students do not receive equity training”?
Since LCPS, MSAAC, NAACP cannot definitively explain what is being taught and how it is so different than CRT, as we said last night, PACT will continue to educate the “educators” using their OWN MATERIAL that proves their narrative is not only unethical and immoral but also one big con job being played against the citizens of Loudoun County as well as the parents, students and teachers. Tax money is being used for this and it’s expansion.
ASHBURN, Va. – Parents opposed to the teaching of Critical Race Theory say they’ve been targeted by an anti-racist parent group in screenshots from the latter group’s private Facebook account.
Parents divided over methods of teaching racism
A feud between parent groups in Loudoun County who are at odds over teachings of white privilege and systemic racism has now gotten the attention of local law enforcement.
The Loudoun Parents for Education, led by Ian Prior, a former Trump Justice Department spokesman, says it has advocated against the area of scholarship that includes ideas that the law and institutions are inherently racist.
The group has asked that Critical Race Theory not be taught in Loudoun County Public Schools, although a spokesman for the school system denies it is part of the curriculum, saying some of its ideas have been used in staff trainings.
Prior says he and others who have opposed the teachings were put on a list of individuals which one member of the anti-racist group called on others to expose or even hack their websites, according to a screenshot. There is no evidence any of the group members have followed through on the hacking threat.
“I learned from a reporter that I had been put on a list in a private Facebook group that was looking to expose people and hack their websites for speaking out on among other things Critical Race Theory,” Prior said.
FOX 5 was unable to contact anyone in the anti-racist Facebook group.
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office says it is investigating whether or not any posts in the Facebook group amount to a crime.
Pastor Michelle Thomas, president of the Loudoun County NAACP, tells FOX 5 parents have mistaken LCPS’ work on equity as Critical Race Theory. She applauded the school district’s recent efforts.
“We have real lives at stake. We have real children that continue to be injured because of the type of insensitivity and cultural unresponsiveness of Loudoun County Public Schools,” Thomas said.