(2019): Virginia AG Goes After LCPS for Discriminating Against Black Students in Academies of Loudoun?

Virginia Attorney General vs LCPS “Equity Complaint”

On October 3, 2019, the VA Office of the AG sent LCPS a notice that they have received complaints NAACP) that LCPS discriminated against black students by being denied the ability to participate in AOL. Keep in mind that “participate” and “apply” are two completely different things. There is not one documented case of LCPS telling any black students that they could not participate in the AOL admissions application process. If LCPS did, then yeah I’d say that’s a problem. Having a lack of interest OR low number of black students applying is not discrimination OR racist OR does it signal that LCPS is Implicitly Biased or rampant with white supremacists. It only means that there were not a lot of black students that applied to get into AOL. If you want more black students enrolled, then get more to apply but don’t create some fictional narrative that LCPS, students, parents and teachers are racist or that there’s wide spread systemic racism, that’s garbage. Are we surprised? No.

The NAACP is a radical organization that is focused on a perpetual victimhood narrative. AOL opened its doors in September 2018 and by mid-winter/early spring 2019, the NAACP determined LCPS and AOL had a cabal to keep black students out of AOL? Please, the school had only been in operation for (8) months hardly enough time to establish any discriminatory patterns or quantitative data (I believe this is now considered racist, facts not allowed). So what is the basis for the NAACP’s claims? There aren’t any, they pulled this claim out of thin air and it cannot be substantiated. In other words, we have to take their word for it, to challenge their claim is, of course racist. Consider the AOL stats below:

  • 2018-2019 School Year (first year opened): Black student application rate was 3% (68 students)
  • 2019-2020 School Year: TBD
  • 2020-2021 School Year: While the application rate was not readily available, there are currently (99) black students ENROLLED at AOL, NOT APPLIED, 5% of the AOL student population. This enrollment rate is up considerably since 2018/2019 and only 2% away from LCPS’s overall black student enrollment of 7%. It’s important to remember that LCPS did not make the forced change to the admission criteria for AOL until August 11, 2020. That means, the increased number of black students enrolled at AOL was accomplished WITHOUT the need to manipulate or “dumb down” the admission criteria. I have faith in all students, if they want it they’ll go after it. The NAACP clearly believes black students cannot accomplish things on their own merit. Should be renamed to the National Association Against Colored People, they do more harm than good.

Below is the actual letter of complaint from the VA AG to LCPS, followed by LCPS’s responses. Understanding the context of the allegations made by the NAACP is important not to mention how much the VA AG leans on the LCPS racial assessment:

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Leave a Reply