10-12-2020: LCPS: FOIA Request Response From LCPS to Parent 10/2020
At this point, I’m not sure what bugs me more, CRT or the flagrant and easily disprovable lies that LCPS continues to peddle. For example:
- Wayde said: “Loudoun County Public Schools has not collaborated with “the “Southern Poverty Law Center”
- Response #1: Scroll to the bottom of the page to see for yourself
- Wayde said: Loudoun County Public Schools has not collaborated with “Black Lives Matter”
- Response #2: Scroll toward the bottom of the page until you get to an LCPS “Equity Partner” called “Racial Equity Tools”. The image you will see is of “The Breate Act”. “The Breathe Act” is a proposal or an Act that has been created by BLM. Additionally, one of the contributors/collaborators with “Racial Equity Tools” is a women by the name of Alicia Garza, she is one of the (3) founding members of BLM
- Wayde said: Loudoun County Public Schools has not collaborated with SPLC & BLM to create a “social justice” curriculum“
- Response #3: They sure as hell did create “social justice curriculum”. Look at EVERY “Resource for the LCPS Community” that’s available on LCPS’s website (yes there are direct links). EVERY single image below represents one single “click” from LCPS’s “Resource for the LCPS Community” site. If this doesn’t have “social justice curriculum” all over it then I don’t know what does.
- Wayde said: “LCPS did not pay this vendor [Equity Collaborative] $400,000 to train teachers in Critical Race Theory, as some media have reported.“
- Response #4: Does Wayde event know what CRT is? OK Wayde, if Equity Collaborative isn’t training our teachers and students, who is? Where did all of these resources (free or paid for) come from? Judging by his response he either has no clue OR he is completely dodging, I’m going with the latter.
(Actual Response to a Parent, Unaltered From Wayde Byard)
Dear Parent XXXXXX,
“Loudoun County Public Schools has not collaborated with “the “Southern Poverty Law Center” or “Black Lives Matter” to create a “social justice” curriculum or “Comprehensive Equity Plan.” There are no records related to your request. Similarly, no LCPS funds were spent on the “1619 Project.”
The $422,500 you referenced is the amount of a contract between Loudoun County Public Schools and the Equity Collaborative. (This contract has been placed in the Attachments section of your GovQA account.) LCPS did not pay this vendor $400,000 to train teachers in Critical Race Theory, as some media have reported. The Equity Collaborative was contracted to help facilitate the work of an Ad Hoc Committee on Equity, which the Loudoun County School Board created in April 2019, to provide guidance in addressing issues related to equity across the school division. The consultant group also conducted an equity assessment for LCPS, to gather additional data and perspectives from LCPS students, parents and educators around issues of racial equity, to further understanding of student and family experiences based on their social, cultural and racial factors.
The Equity Collaborative also assisted in developing a framework for culturally responsive instruction. The goal of this instruction is to help ensure all students experience a welcoming, inclusive and affirming environment. The Equity Collaborative provided coaching services to school division leaders who, in turn, developed and delivered professional learning for staff on mitigating implicit bias and creating a more culturally responsive learning space for every LCPS student.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.“
– Wayde B. Byard
LCPS Equity Overview Website
Wayde specifically said, in his very first sentence: “Loudoun County Public Schools has not collaborated with “the “Southern Poverty Law Center”“ In all fairness, I added the “Teaching Tolerance” image on the graphic below just so that when/if people click on SPLC website and then click on the “Teaching Tolerance” link that people can easily see that they are one and the same. If a business was partners with, say, John Gotti (yes I know he’s dead), is really much of a leap to suggest that John Gotti was in collaboration with the Gambino Mafia crime family? Why? Because Gotti was part of the Gambino crime family! Oh, Wayde forgot to mention that the Southern Law Center is funded by George Soros (line item #184), minor details.